Unison at Kerby Centre (Calgary)
Unison at Kerby Centre is a non-profit organization located in the west end of downtown Calgary. Dedicated to enhancing life for older Calgarians, Unison at Kerby Centre offers an exciting opportunity to engage in meaningful community development and build a career in the charitable sector.
Position: Corporate Development Officer
Salary: $65,500 per year
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Calgary, Alberta
This fundraising professional position supports the programs and services for older adults in Calgary by conducting the full range of activities associated with corporate support and donations. The Corporate Development Officer, under the guidance of the Manager of Fund Development, is responsible for persuasively communicating Unison’s mission, vision and programs to potential corporate funders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Corporate Development Officer:
- Connects with corporations, sets up meetings, and secures funding and support.
- Conducts research on potential corporate fundraising sources. This includes contacting funders and supporters directly to build community and corporate support for Kerby Centre.
- Works with the organization leadership to identify, define and develop funding sources to support existing or planned program activities.
- Works closely with other departments in developing and transforming ideas into proposals. This includes obtaining all necessary information for proposals/applications from departments.
- Maintains up to date fundraising database (Raisers’ Edge), activity tracking system, and related confidential files.
- Develops and writes proposals to corporations persuasively communicating the organization’s mission, vision and program needs to potential funders. This includes:
- Assembling and submitting requests including letters, forms, proposals, budgets, presentations and any required supporting documentation.
- Maintaining a calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines and reports including final reports.
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple proposals moving in a timely manner and managing supplemental material required for proposals.
- Identifies Request for Proposals that may be of interest to the organization.
- Works with the Volunteer department on identifying and securing corporate engagement and activities.
- Assists in securing corporate advertisers, volunteer groups, community and financial support of Kerby Centre programs and initiatives.
- Assists Fund Development with stewardship and planned program activities.
- Other activities as assigned by the Manager of Fund Development.
- Maintain confidentiality in client and Kerby Centre business.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and appearance appropriate to the position
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong self-motivation, detail oriented and highly organized. Must keep accurate records.
- Experience with sourcing opportunities, cold-calling, contact development and funder/granter relationship management.
- Enjoys working in a face-paced environment, continually working with people.
- Strong networking abilities.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a team environment with the ability to communicate in a compelling and concise format.
- Strong writing, analysis and research skills are critical.
- Strong English speaker
- Must have a car or access to one on a periodic basis or make alternate arrangements.
- Post-secondary degree in Communications, Media or related subject.
- Proficient in all MS Office programs.
- Must have experience with fundraising software (preferably Raisers’ Edge).
- 2-4 years’ experience for a non-profit organization.
In-office environment. Working hours are from 8am to 4pm, or 8:30am to 4:30pm including one hour of lunch break. Must be flexible to meet the needs of the agency and able to work some evenings. Work may occasionally be out of the office for presentations or other donor events.
Please send your resume to email@example.com stating the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status”