Unison At Kerby Centre: Thrive Food Security Programs
We can help
Food is one of the most important and vital needs to be met in our communities. Unison’s Thrive program aims to combat hunger through a variety of projects and initiatives.
Unison Grocery Delivery & Supportive Visits
- Grocery shopping, delivery, and supportive visits for older adults by volunteers
- Service eligibility: 55+, low-income and homebound (in some cases, emergency and/or short-term Thrive participation is available for individuals returning home from the hospital or recovering from illness or surgery)
- Cost includes a $4 delivery fee in addition to the cost of groceries
- Bi-weekly deliveries are available
- For more information or to sign-up contact Thrive at [email protected] or 403-234-6571
Unison Community Pantry
- A community food pantry for older adults. Primarily non-perishable items such as pasta, sauces, and snack foods
- Service eligibility: None – the pantry is simply “take what you need, leave what you can”
- All items are donated by individuals and various businesses/organizations
- Available: Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
- Location: Near Kerby Centre main reception
- For more information contact us at 403-705-3222
Wednesday Food Deliveries & Wellness Checks
- Food delivered every week in alternating rotations by volunteers to older adults’ homes
- Each client is given a variety of food that typically includes bread, baked goods, pre-made meals and produce. We aim to accommodate all dietary restrictions (pending availability)
- All items provided are donated to the Kerby Centre from various Calgary businesses and restaurants.
- Service eligibility: 55+, low-income, no other supports available and homebound
- Cost: None
- For more information or to sign-up contact 403-705-3222
Unison Community Kitchens
- Older adults get together to make meals in a group setting for the purpose of socialization, skill building, and increasing food security
- For more information or to sign up, contact 403-705-3222
Unison Free Food Markets
- Bread and baked goods are available for older adults to pick up. There are often other items available such as frozen meat, pre-made frozen meals, sandwiches, produce, and dairy products
- All items provided are donated to the Unison from various Calgary businesses and restaurants.
- Service eligibility: older adults, no registration needed, no proof of income required
- Free Food Market time change starting September 2023! Tuesdays and Fridays from 11am - 12pm